Friday, August 14, 2009

Foodie Friday

It's Friday again! If only I didn't have to work tomorrow, today would be perfect. We are hosting a 24 Hour Photo Scavenger Hunt at the Welcome Center and it starts today, so I'll be here tomorrow to see the results and give out some prizes. I hope it goes well. We've had a lot of interest, so we will see!

I got a new kitchen table earlier this week. I am so happy because the one we had fit about two people comfortably. It had four chairs, but was awfully crowded. So my friend Holly sold me a table that used to be in her bakery, HollyCakes. It is REALLY cool. Jarrett and I both love it so much. It has an old wrought iron sewing machine base and a black top. It fits six to eight people, which is good because we are always having people over. I am very exited about it and can't wait for everyone to see it. I'll post some pictures on here soon.

I am working on another project in my kitchen. I have been collecting old recipe cards from my grandmothers and mom that I am going to mat and frame and hang on my wall (when I finish, I'll post these pictures too). I got my Big Momma's Boiled Chocolate Cookies recipe and my mom's Chicken Wrapped in Bacon card. Jarrett's Granny gave me the recipe for her Chinese Chicken Casserole. Jarrett and I both LOVE it, so I was so glad that she gave it to us.

Granny Harrison's Chinese Chicken:

Ingredients:
3 c. chopped chicken
¾ c. mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. chopped celery
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 small can Chinese noodles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°
Mix all ingredients (except noodles) together and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
Sprinkle the Chinese noodles on the top.
Bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment