Friday, January 22, 2010

For the Love of Peanut Butter

I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOVE peanut butter! Not only do I love it on and in things, I eat it spoonfulls at the time for a snack.  For some strange reason, one day last week, I was thinking about how great some peanut butter icing would be!  I know this is strange - last week was REALLY stressful at work, so I was not myself.  It's even more strange because since I don't bake, what in the heck am I going to put it on?  I searched my cookbooks looks for peanut butter cream cheese icing, but no luck.  So I searched the internet and still no luck.  Then, this week I was watching tv and lunch and there it was!! Gina Neely was making peanut butter and jelly cupcakes with the peanut butter cream cheese icing!  So, I thought I would share since maybe some of you also love peanut butter and maybe you bake and can use it! How good would it be on some choclatte cupcakes?  YUM!  Since my sister shares her gift shop with a bakery, I think I might see if she'll make me some cupcakes to put this icing on. :)

INGREDIENTS: 
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and butter. Beat until well combined, then add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until well mixed. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and beat until well incorporated.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Peanut butter is delicious!!! I could just eat entire ice cream scoops of it. It is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut butter so this totally sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete