Friday, January 15, 2010

Potato Chip and Bacon Topped Mac & Cheese

I watch the Food Network every night when I get home from work.  I don't dare miss my favorites - the Neely's, Paula and Rachael!! One night, I was watching Down Home with the Neelys and they made this recipe.  I thought it looked so good, but since I'm more of a 30-Minute Meals kind of girl, I didn't really think much of it.  Then I got the Neely's cookbook for Christmas and this recipe was in there.  Since we were having friends over on New Year's Eve, I thought I'd give it a shot and BOY am I glad I did.  This is SO good!!!  I've never made homemade macaroni and cheese before, much less any with bacon and potato chips, but this turned out great.  It's so easy!  Go ahead, give it a try. 

Potato Chip & Bacon Topped Macaroni and Cheese

INGREDIENTS
6 tbsp butter
½ c. AP flour
4 c. milk, warm
1 tsp. dry mustard
⅓ tsp. grate nutmeg
¼ tsp. cayenne papper
dash of s&p
dash of hot sauce & worcestershire sauce
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. small pasta, cooked al dente
1 c. crushed potato chips
5 slices bacon, crumbled
½ c. parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Prheat over to 350°


Melt butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. The mixture will thicken as the heat increases.

Continue to stir while adding dry mustard, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, pepper, hot sauce, & worcestershire

Stir in cheddar cheese until it melts.

Places cooked pasta in the bottom of a casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta.

Sprinkle with chips, bacon & parmesan cheese.

Bake for 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy!
    i love your new fridge - makes me so jealous! and i totally feel ya on the space heater deal... i carry it from room to room with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete