Friday, June 5, 2009

Foodie Friday

Okay, so in honor of my favorite thing to do, COOK, I thought I would start doing Foodie Fridays to share some of my favorite recipes, kitchen stuff and ideas.

In case you don't know, Rachael Ray is my hero. I love everything about her, even her awful catch phrases like EVOO and YUM-O! So, I think it's only appropriate to start with a jazzed up version of my all time favorite Rachael Ray recipe (and one I could honestly eat every day), Cowboy Spaghetti.

If you've ever been to my house around dinner time, you've more than likely been lucky enough to try this marvelous meal.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. Pasta (I love rigatoni....the sauce gets all in the middle of it! But any kind will do)
  • 5 slices Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 lb. Ground Turkey (or Sirloin)
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • Hot Sauce (as much as you’d like -I put A LOT)
  • Worcestershire Sauce (as much as you’d like - I put A LOT here, too!)
  • 2 cans Fire Roasted tomatoes or original Rotel Tomatoes
  • 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese
  • Optional ingredients: Mushrooms, green peppers, black olives

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain.

Heat a deep skillet over Med-High heat. Add EVOO and bacon. Brown the bacon and remove from pan. Add the meat and brown it. Add onions, garlic, hot sauce, Worcestershire and bacon (and and optional ingredients) to the pan. Cook 5-6 minutes to let the flavors combine, then stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes.

Add the cooked spaghetti to the meat sauce and put cheese on top.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. you would talk about FOOD................ BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete