Friday, June 19, 2009

Foodie Friday

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been a little busy with life, but can always make room for food! I am sharing a recipe today in honor of Father's Day.


I am SUCH a Daddy's girl! My Dad and I are extremely close, and have been all my life. I love and respect him so much. When I was in elementary school, he'd drop me off in the morning and everyday would say, "I love you. Make 100s!" And I would, because I didn't want to disappoint him. We'd play baseball and basketball together, laugh at my older sisters together, and he even once got me to try golf!

I love my Dad for small, seemingly unimportant moments like laughing at Merle Haggard's Okie from Muskogee. I love my Dad for sending me off to Tuscaloosa, Alabama sight unseen, out of state tuition looming, and telling me we'd figure it out later. I love him for coming to all my high school softball and soccer games in and out of town. I love him because he is a good, Christian man, taught me morals and values, and made me live up to them (and want to). I love my Dad because he is a clean freak and perfectionist, just like me!


I also love my Dad because at a very young age, he had me cooking with him. Because of him, I don't know how to measure, have become extremely creative in the kitchen, and discovered that I love food I never thought I would. While I don't bake, there are two desserts that I CAN make, Cheesecake and Boiled Chocolate Cookies. Dad and I always make them together, and I must say, we're super good at it. Happy Father's Day!


Boiled Chocolate Cookies - by far, my favorite cookies ever


Ingredients
⅓ c. Cocoa

1 stick butter (melted)

½ c. Chunky Peanut Butter

2 c. Sugar

½ c. Milk

2½ c. Quick Oats

1. Mix milk, cocoa and butter together. Bring to boil and let boil for exactly 3 minutes.

2. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and oatmeal.

3. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and let cool to room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment