Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Foodie Friday Again - WOOO!

Nothing makes me happier than food. I really do love to grocery shop, love to cook and love to eat! I used to have aspirations of owning my own restaurant and now of being the Next Food Network Star. You could see me with my own television show, couldn't you? I mean, I would prefer if only blind people ate my food - I can't make anything LOOK good, but most everything I make smells and tastes good, for sure!

I have eaten Mexican food almost every day this week. I generally eat it about once a week and something Italian for the rest of the week (much to Jarrett's chagrin), but this week for whatever reason, I've wanted Mexican. I have been playing around with different stuff - mastered chicken quesadillas (or case-of-dias as little Jack calls it!). So I've taken your typical Chicken Fajitas and kicked them up a bit. Here's the recipe

Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
4 flour tortillas, heated
1 package fajita seasoning
2 onions, sliced
3 chicked breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
2 green peppers, sliced
1 package fresh portobello mushrooms
1 can pineapple chunks
4 slices bacon, cooked and sliced into 1-in. pieces
Montery Jack cheese
Optional - zuchini

Follow directions on fajita mix packet.
Add chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and zuchini.
Simmer until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Add pineapple and bacon to the pan and stir in.
Lay tortilla flat and add cheese, then the mixture.
Fold and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment