Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easy Granola Bars

Next weekend, I am heading to the beach for the first time in 2010.  Since we have a beach house and the beach is only about 2 hours away, we spend most of our weekends during the summer down there.  It's our home away from home!  Most every time we go, I bring homemade granola bars for breakfast and snacks.  I love to experiment with these.  They truly are idiot proof! 

EASY GRANOLA BARS
INGREDIENTS
2 Cups Quick Oats
1 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
1 Can Fat Free Sweetend Condensed Milk
Nuts, dried fruit or trail mix - This where you get to be creative. Insert whatever you like.  I like to use the tropical trail mix and sometimes M&Ms.  I also sometimes mix in honey or melted peanut butter.

DIRECTIONS
1.  Preheat oven to 350° and grease pan
2.  Mix together ingedients until well blended and press into greased pan (preferably with a greased spatula).
3.  Bake 20-25 min. (20 min. will give you chewy bars.)

Happy Saturday y'all! I'm working today (can't you tell?!) since I was off a lot at the Bassmaster Classic and since I'll take off a day to go to the beach.  Pray for warm weather for me and I'll do my best to send it north to y'all who are still freezing and covered in snow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment