Friday, September 18, 2009

T.G.I.F.

I don't know about you, but it's been such a long week for me. I am so happy to see Friday! It hasn't been a bad week, but a weird one that seems to drag on and on! I am looking forward to tomorrow and getting to watch the Tide take on North Texas!

Even though it's been a weird week, it's been a good week for food! On Monday, we had Chicken Spaghetti, which I love but haven't eaten in a while. Tuesday I made something new called Biscuit Casserole that may be one of the best things I've ever eaten! Last night, I made Nachos with homemade tortilla chips. Since I can't decide which to share, I think I'll share them all. Let me know if you try any of them and which you like!

Easy Chicken Spaghetti
Ingredients:
1 lb. rigatoni pasta, cooked
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 can each of cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients and top with cheese.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Supper Sandwich
Ingredients:
1 recipe for biscuits
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
1 onion, chopped
1 can mushrooms
8 oz. sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Brown meat and add onions and mushrooms until soft. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in tomatoes and sour cream. Then fold in egg.
4. Grease bottom of a 9x13 dish, pour 1/2 the biscuit mix in the bottom. Top with meat mixture, then cheese. Pour the rest of the biscuit mix on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.

Nachos
Ingredients:
4 flour tortillas
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can Black Beans
1 onion, diced
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
Cumin
Ground Red Pepper
1 bag Colby and Monterey jack cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350. Cut tortillas into triangles or strips, place on baking sheet, and top with olive oil.     Bake until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, brown meat and onions. Add cumin and red pepper (just guess - a couple of shakes each), then black beans and rotel tomatoes. Cook until heated through.
3.  In a baking dish, layer tortillas, meat sauce, then cheese. Bake until cheese is melted on top and bubbly.

And on a completely unrelated topic, I was looking at Martha Stewart's Best Halloween Costumes and found  the cutest thing I've ever seen!



See, I told you - cutest thing ever.  Waffles and syrup...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment