Friday, September 11, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday...It's Foodie Friday Too!

Well, today's the big day.  I'm now officially half way to 50 - ha!  It has been a good day so far, aside from the fact that I woke up at the butt crack of dawn! Jarrett gave me my presents - a Pandora bracelet with a charm and an Alabama apron.  I am very excited about both!  I am also very excited that my Dad has offered to buy me a new BlackBerry for my birthday.  I have been wanting to upgrade.  I bought a Pearl when I first got it because I wasn't sure if I'd like it and didn't want to spend too much money on one incase I didn't, but I love it and want more.  I just love gadgets!

Yesterday, I went to HollyCakes in Bainbridge on my lunch break to buy some cupcakes.  A lady at the office has a birthday on Sunday, so I wanted to celebrate with her.  Holly makes the BEST cookies, cakes and other goodies!  Last year, my sister had her make me a giant cookie cake.  It was about two inches thick, so moist and chewy.  It's the best cookie cake I've ever had, and was too cute.  Holly also made my wedding cake, which I just adored. 


Check out Holly's Website or you can find her on facebook and she her new cakes each week.  If you're in Bainbridge, head to 110 Water Street.  My sister's store is in the same building as HollyCakes, so you can pick up some goodies there too.  Allison Wonderland has all kinds of kitchen gadgets, things for kids, wedding presents, antiques....almost anything you can imagine. 

Today is the 8th anniversary the 9/11 terrorist attacks.  Please take a moment to pray for those who lost loved one on the tragic day.  Also, pray for the military and their families and our President and other leaders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment