Saturday, October 17, 2009

Worst. Day. Ever.

Yesterday was literally the worst day I've ever had.  Everything that could go wrong, did.  I won't go into it, because a few of it involves work and I don't think it's appropriate to put that out here, but just know that nothing at all went right...until I got home and got to see Jarrett anyway.  He always makes me feel better.  He even took me out to try a new restaurant in Thomasville called Jonah's.  It was amazing.  Bascially, it's like Bonefish for 1/2 the price.  We both ate, including desert for $30.  I'm just dying to go back.  I am not a fan of grits, but they made the best grits I've ever put in my mouth.  My favorite part of the meal was the pumpkin cheesecake.  I stuffed my face and couldn't move when I got home, but I was happy then!

I love pumpkin stuff this time of year.  I always stock up on canned pumpkin so I can make stuff with it.  A lot of stuff with pumpkin involves baking, which I am not very fond of doing, but I do sometimes, just so I can eat it!  One of my favorite things with pumpkin is Pumpkin Dip.  It's soo good!  The first time I ever tried pumpkin dip was about two years ago at my aunt's house on Thanksgiving Day.  My cousin had made it and we were all dipping Ginger Snaps in it and snacking before lunch.  My sister from Atlanta was down for Thanksgiving, and her son Jack, who was about two at the time, LOVED the pumpkin dip.  Now, Jack was 10 lbs. when he was born and he's always been a big boy (he's four now).  He's not fat, just stout.  He's also the cutest thing I've ever seen, both looks and personality.  The kid cracks me up all the time!  Anyway, Jack ate about 20 cookies that he had dipped in the pumpkin dip.  Finally, his mom said, "Jack, that's your last cookie.  No more, you'll ruin lunch."  So Jack says, "Okay."  A few minutes later, we look over, and there's Jack, still with his last cookie, dipping it into the dip, licking it all off, and dipping again!  That was so cute - and that's a smart kid! 

If you haven't tried pumpkin dip, here's the recipe.  There's actually a couple of ways you can make it, so I'll tell you both. 

Pumpkin Dip 1 (This is the one I use)
Ingredients
1 large jar of Marshmallow Cream
1 (15 oz) can solid pack Pumpkin
2 tbsp ground cinnamon

Directions
Mix all ingredients together, cover and store in refrigerator until chilled

My  sister says you can substitute coolwhip for the marshmallow cream above and it's great.  I've never tried it, but she's a good cook, so I trust her.  Try that if you want something low fat. 

Pumpkin Dip 2
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate

Directions
In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment